Friday, June 19, 2009

Mom and Daddy Sparr do NOLA: Day 1

Today was mom and dad's first day in NOLA.

I picked them up at the airport at 4:30 or so, after fighting awful crapshoot NOLA traffic there and back.

We came home and they re-met Clara and also Clara's very jack-of-all-trades BF Ken. Ken talked rock-shop with my dad (and kept up) and that is a feat all its own.

I drove them down St. Charles to ooh and aww at some more houses (Starter castles is what Clara calls them.) And we went to eat at Deanie's Seafood in Metarie. On the wine list, we found a very interesting type:

If you can't read it. The third one down on the list is 2006 Pinot Blanc Reserve Pierre Sparr.

Dad got a glass. This was his unending excitement:


At Deanies, I had Crawfish Ettouffe. Dad had stuffed shrimp. And Mom had some sorta regular shrimp. Ettouffe looks gross, but tastes yummy.


After food, we went to a two-story Target. And I saw an amazing new thing. But those posts are in their own Amazing New Thing category.

1 comment:

  1. I want to know EVERYTHING about Clara's boyfriend, first of all. She intrigues me to no end. Especially the kitchen sink thing. I was highly confused there.

    Also, I really miss your parents and it would have been a blast to come down with them and help you. I know you didn't ask me to come because I always shamelessly splatter the amount of money in my checking account all over Twitter and it would have just been embarrassing for both of us, but know that I will make it down there.

    I mean not really to see you. Just for Miley. I'll try to catch up with you after the show if you want. (She's dating Nick Jonas ?!)

    Also, how much crawfish ettouffe (spellcheck knows neither of those words) can you handle at this point? I'm not even in New Orleans (though I am living off of New Orleans-style instant rice) and the transition from an all-fast food diet to all-spicy crawfish may make your stomach explode. Results may vary.

    ReplyDelete