Sunday, June 28, 2009

Befores and Afters:

Clara gave me these cool bar stools - see on right - and two of them matched and one of them didn't. So I painted them all uniform black -see on left- and then sat them all together to form like a side table. They were just tall enough to be over the tall arm of the fainting couch to sit a drink on or whatever.

These metal tables are another great insurance-office find. They are metal and just plain and I used to have them as coffeetables in my apt in bg. I have even stacked them on top of one another to form a book-case like thing too. The green, however, just wasn't jiving down here in NOLA. Thus, spray paint to the rescue.

I painted the top red, and the sides black and left the insides of the leg the dark green, which looks oddly fantastic. And I also put these circular yellow placemats and a vase on them, (not pictured) and it sets it off VERY WELL. DIY, people. DIY.




No comments:

Post a Comment