Friday, June 19, 2009

Anti-Gravity Goodness

On Wednesday night, I went with Megan to a little get-together at Dan Fox's house. Dan is one of the editors of Anti-Gravity. I was originally just going to work for them until the gig at Offbeat came around.


Dan is an absolute delight. And his little friends, including a Mary, were also very fun. Note: I usually don't like other Marys, its the Scorpio in me.

Talking to Dan about Anti-Gravity was very inspiring. I just think that they have to find moderation between lax and lazy and uptight and crotchety. So, I decided to go to the birthday party (Anti-Gravity is 5 years old!) with Megan and Leigh on Thursday.

The party was very cute. It was in a hair salon called Twisted Hair Salon on Prytania and if I had known anyone there, which I didn't, it might have been very home-ish. I got there at a bit after 8 and we stayed til 840-9, and no Dan. So, we left. I do have to also say, they had a verrrryyy cool looking cake:



I hung out with Leigh and Megan and also their friend Paul, who is a future dentist. Dentist = boring, but Paul was very friendly. Yay for another new NOLA friend!


Also, there was a Chasen-like person there from Chicago. Read: artsy, small-bodied and facebook retarded. We attempted a friendship with him, but may have come on too strange/strong. When we asked if he had facebook, he said 'Oh i'll just see ya on the street." Awkkwkwarrd.

No comments:

Post a Comment