Friday, June 19, 2009

Offbeat: Hidden Gems

At Ofbeat, I am a minion. And a nameless one mostly. I have interacted with a couple people in the office, Alex (one of the editors) and Ben (one of the advertising people) do know my name, I think...

Anyway, I sit in a desk and archive old issues of Offbeat for them. And I answered the phone a couple times on Thursday, even. Wow.

But as I was going through the archives, I found this little gem:


I know its difficult to read, but that says Louisiana Jukebox by Kathy E. Goode. Kathy is my one land-bridge of wonderfulness between Casey County (hometown) and New Orleans. I saw this and said OH! outloud and squirmed in my seat enough for the advertsing guy to ask me what was up. And so I told him that Kathy Goode was my boo, even though that isn't entirely true. But close enough. And that I used to go on really bad dates with some members of her family. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment